Selected Unpublished Opinions of Judge Michael
The following unpublished opinions of Judge Michael may be of interest and are provided here on the website for review by the public. If you wish to view an opinion, simply click on the blue hyperlink. Should you choose to cite to any of these opinions, a copy of the same must be provided to opposing counsel prior to the hearing at which the opinion is relied upon.
- In re Smith, Case No. 12-12163-M (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. October 11, 2012) -- Application of 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(1) to determine filer's eligibility to be a debtor.
- In re Lane, Case No. 12-10718-M (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. May 22, 2012) -- Application of 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(1) to determine filer's eligibility to be a debtor.
- Malloy v. Conseco Fin. Servicing Corp. (In re Case), Case No. 99-04777-M, Adv. 00-0055-M, (slip op.Bankr. N. D. Okla. July 12, 2000) - Perfection of security interest in vehicle or mobile home under Oklahoma law.
- In re Grant, Case No. 97-04863-M (slip op. Bankr. N. D. Okla. Oct. 17, 2000) - Claim of homestead exemption under Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 31, § 1(A)(1) (West 1991 & Supp. 2000).
- Van Eman v. Lawler (In re Lawler), Case No. 99-02359-M, Adv. 99-0203-M (slip op. Bankr. N. D. Okla. Nov. 13, 2000) - Denial of discharge under 11 U.S.C. § 727(a)(5).
- Carter-Waters Oklahoma, Inc. and Wells v. Bank One Trust Co. (In re Eufuala Indus. Auth.),Case No. 97-71225, Adv. No. 98-7021 (slip op. Bankr. E. D. Okla. Nov. 30, 2000) - Equitable subordination under 11 U.S.C. § 510.
- In re Roberts, Case No. 00-01989-M (slip op. Bankr. N. D. Okla. Jan. 16, 2001) - Good faith under 11 U.S.C. § 1325(a)(3).
- In re Almond, Case No. 00-04313-M (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. April 6, 2001) - relief from the automatic stay and sufficiency of description of debtor in financing statement under Oklahoma Uniform Commercial Code.
- Heckathorn v. United States (In re Heckathorn) Case No. 95-03541-W , Adv. No. 95-0376-W (order Bankr. N.D. Okla. August 14, 2001). Bankruptcy court jurisdiction regarding a motion to conduct an asset hearing.
- Commercial Financial Services, Inc. v. Temple (In re Commercial Financial Services, Inc.), Adv. No. 02-0110-M (slip op. Bankr. N. D. Okla. April 25, 2003) -- untimely filing of motion to withdraw reference and waiver of right to jury trial.
- In re Fair, Case No. 05-11340-M (order Bankr. N.D. Okla. September 2, 2005) - Order denying debtor's motion to vacate dismissal.
- In re Newland, Case No. 05-30026-M (order Bankr. N.D. Okla. November 23, 2005) - Order dismissing bankruptcy case because credit counseling requirement of 11 U.S.C. 109(h)(1) was not met and the request to waive that requirement did not comply with the certification required under 11 U.S.C. 109(h)(3)(A).
- In re Markle, Case No. 04-13661-M, (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. March 6, 2006) - Comfort order stating that proceedings to dissolve a marriage are outside the scope of the automatic stay denied as unnecessary.
- In re Reynolds, Case No. 07-10262-M (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. June 5, 2007) -- Accepting other evidence of payment under 11 U.S.C. § 521(a)(1)(B)(iv).
- Edwards v. Gibson(In re Gibson), Case No. 09-12646-M, Adv. No. 09-01127-M (slip op. Bankr. N.D. Okla. April 5, 2011) -- Denial of discharge under 11 U.S.C. § 727(a)(2) and(4).